Monday, July 5, 2010

Exhibition

I'm not really sure about this one. Minor parts slipped my mind.

Date:
July 4th - 5th, 2010
Category: Strange Dream
Genre: Action/Slice-of-Life
POV: 1st person
Role: Myself
Time-Span (Dream): Several Hours
Time-Span (Reality): 9 Hours (3 AM - 12 PM)
Memorable Taglines: Museum, Classroom, Australia
Summary:
I remember having to sit in an unfamiliar, nondescript room being taught Chinese lessons because apparently I forgot most of the language, but then class ended and all of my teenager peers shuffled out quickly, leaving me behind to stick around in the bareness of the room. (The classroom was reminiscent of the environment I sat in while taking Driver's Ed, in which class sessions ran from 8 AM to 5 PM, a really long and tedious amount of time.)

I was told that everyone immediately left for some huge concert going on in Australia, and one of my former math teachers, who was hanging around the entrance room, informed me that Australia was splitting apart due to a tectonic plate shift down the center, and the concert was taking place right smack dab in the middle of the focal point of the supposed divide. He told me to go stop it, somehow, before his daughter gets killed.

Immediately I acquired the ability to run extremely fast, and dashed out of the building. I distinctly remember the skies being gray and cloudy, and there was a light drizzle going on. I was able to run so fast that I was capable of achieving a velocity that permitted me to run across water with ease, which was a necessity seeing that Australia and the US were separated by ocean. It wasn't long before I made it to the Land Down Under, and as I approached it, an area on the top of the continent exploded, and was already drifting apart at a cinematically slow and dramatic pace. I ran into the gradually growing divide, unsure what I can actually do at this point, and ran up the continental wall.

Everything here is a blur, the next thing I knew, I was chilling at one of the top floors of a science exhibition with rounded interior architecture, and watching marine life such as whales and manta rays float through the air, intermixed with astronomical exhibits of planets and space bodies. I woke up soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment